There has been an intense focus on the do’s and don’ts about maintaining an optimum level of health in the last couple of decades. People are now way more conscious about their Health than a few decades back. www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=31150 contributes to gaining the right balance in the form of vitamins and minerals to optimize your health.
Eating healthy, the importance of exercises and the effort to detect anomalies right at the start is not only improving the overall well being of people but is also making them better suited to take on the mental, physical and emotional stress of the modern day living.
One need not go to a doctor to understand the changes required in their diet to maintain better health; rather the right changes in the diet and lifestyle go a long way in keeping the doctor at bay! Let us have a look at the factors that make a healthier you:
· Get your digestive health right: Digestive issues take a toll on the complete health of an individual. If you do not get your digestion right, you are inviting loads of health risks. A few basics changes would include incorporating fruits and veggies as much as you can in your diet. These not only add the essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber but also make you feel full without adding the calories.
· Focus on proteins: In the tussle between carbs and proteins, choose the latter. Include adequate protein, be it animal based or plant-based. Off late people have been favoring plant-based proteins since animals based ones come with their share of saturated fats and cholesterol.
· Get your nutrients right: You need to consume a wide spectrum of foods that range over a wide variety of colors every day, to get every kind of nutrient. But lopsided approach here will only result in health issues. Even when you are consuming fruits and veggies make sure you include as many varieties as possible so that you get all the requisite minerals and vitamins from them.
· Cut down on fats and sweets: This is one of the most important factors that go a long way in keeping you healthy. Consume fats and sugar but definitely in moderation; they will not only make you obese but will invite loads of health problems too.
· Keep a tab on fluid intake: A bare minimum of few liters of fluids including water is an absolute must to wash away the toxins. To add to the effectiveness, you can add a few detox water recipes to your daily routine for speedier detoxification.
· When to eat: Simply getting the ingredients right in your diet will not help; you should eat at the right times too. The size of the meals should also be in tandem of the time of the day. It goes without mention that breakfast should be the heaviest meal followed by lunch and dinner, in that order. This is because of the metabolic rate declines as the day progress. Eating light and early dinner should always be adhered to, strictly.