People who are fond of sharing a drink with family and friends, certainly feel the need to have their own personal home bar. May sound like a laborious task, but with certain designing ideas and list of essentials, one can very conveniently set up a bar. Primarily we need to decide whether we need a wet bar or dry bar. bar sinks cabinets are an ideal choice for those who enjoy cocktails, hence a lot of mixing and spilling happens. There is the certain essential list of alcohols which should be stocked to get started. To know about various types, their brands and prices you can visit www.thewhiskeywash.com.
First of all, we need to identify a bar space. Depending upon your lifestyle, you can either choose dining area or kitchen, living area or entertainment room in case you like your guest to enjoy a drink with a soothing feel of the light music, games. In case you are alone drinker probably library or bedroom could be a good choice. Sometimes you can aesthetically use spaces like area below the staircase or basement as well. One thing you should keep in mind that the bar would require certain equipment like fridge, wine cooler, ice maker and sink so there should be proper electricity, water supply, and drainage facilities in the finalized place.
Next is to design the structure of the bar. Different types of predominant styles include:
• Straight type bar-The bottles and glassware is stored underneath the counter. Usually, it is set up on the background of wall whose length and width is just perfect for the cabinet to fit in.
• Back Bar-There is three sections in this type of design. The lower underneath section to store all tools and equipment. Middle section usually includes the tabletop which can be conveniently used to display the snacks and drinks. And the top sections which esthetically display the liquor and spirit bottles and glassware inside glass cabinets with nice light effect.
• L shaped wet bar- It has a similar design as of a back bar, except it has an extended section for the wet sink at the extreme corner. A wet bar is usually made in different material like undermount bar sinks, copper bar sinks, stainless steel bar sink to blend it well with the rest of the furniture textures.
• Corner bar- This is a compact cabinet just to store the liquor and glassware usually placed on the adjoining corner of the room.
These structures are usually accompanied with high stools and seating arrangements for comforting the guest having the drinks.
Some of the important spirits which should definitely be part of your home bar are:
2. Rum (light and dark)
3. Tequila (Silver & Gold)
4. Rye Whiskey
5. Vermouth Wine (sweet & dry)
Set of tools which would make your home bar complete:
• Cobbler shaker- A must have for preparing cocktails, these stainless-steel shakers have inbuilt press and pour mechanism which is spill proof.
• Mixing spoons and glasses- Certain cocktails require stirring instead of shacking. Stylish glass and crystal bar spoons add an appealing look to a glass of cocktail or a drink.
• Bartender kits
• Bottle openers
• Cocktail jigger
• Bottle Pourer
Stay basic and stylish while setting up the home bar and enjoy partying with your family and friends.